- 1 cup pureed fruit
- 1 cup strongly flavored fruit juice
- 1/4 cup honey (the lighter the color the better. Dark honey is stronger and less sweet)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup unflavored gelatin (about 8 packets)
- Place fruit in a blender and puree until smooth. Make sure the puree is 1 cup.
- Add the fruit juice and honey to the blender and puree again until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
- Fill a saucepan with 1 cup cold water and stir in the gelatin until combined. The mixture will be very thick and will want to congeal.
- Place over medium-low heat and heat the mixture until the gelatin is dissolved, stirring occasionally (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Pour the dissolved gelatin into the fruit mixture and whisk well to combine. Quickly pour the mixture into an ungreased 9″ x 9″ cake pan or into candy molds and allow to cool in the refrigerator uncovered for 2 to 3 hours. If using candy molds, you must work extremely fast or the mixture will set before you can pour it all.
- Once the mixture is completely set remove it carefully from the molds or cake pan. If you used the cake pan, cut them into squares by cutting 12 horizontal strips and then each strip into 12 pieces.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
Recipe from the DIY Pantry Cookbook