- 6 Potatoes
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Bacon Bits
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream (1 Container)
- Pierce Potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4″ of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the potatoes in hot oil and fry for 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits. Arrange them in a greased or parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 7 Minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 12 potato skins