Make your own T.G.I. Fridays Loaded Potato Skins recipe with this easy copycat version. Your party guests will love the crispy coating, making them perfect to serve as Super Bowl appetizers, or whenever you have a cheese, bacon, and potato craving!
- 6 Potatoes
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 Cup Bacon Bits
- 16 Ounces Sour Cream (1 Container)
- Pierce Potatoes with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on high until they are soft; approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half vertically. Scoop the inside out of the potatoes, until 1/4″ of the potato shell remains.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the potatoes in hot oil and fry for 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Fill the potato shells with cheese and bacon bits. Arrange them in a greased or parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 7 Minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve hot with sour cream if desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12 potato skins
Keywords: potato skins, bacon potato skins