This refreshingly sweet Orange-Vanilla Glazed Fruit Salad is literally heaven on a plate! Use in-season produce to make it a frugal side dish for your family, or as a special treat for company. It’s so good you won’t be able to stay out of it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 pints strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- Mint leaves, for optional garnish
- Add sugar, water, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla to a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer syrup for 15-20 minutes until it’s thickened a bit. Chill until needed.
- Cut and prepare fruit into a large bowl and pour half the cold syrup over top. Toss fruit gently to coat, then drizzle in the rest.
- Garnish with mint leaves if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Women Cooks: A Year of Holidays
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American