Don’t buy expensive ice cream cakes when you can make ones that taste even BETTER at home. This Cookies and Cream Cake has gooey vanilla frosting on the inside, crunchy chocolate cake on the inside, and just the right amount of ice cream sandwiched between the two!
- 1 pkg devils food cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups crushed oreos
- 1 quart cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 double batch of Wilton vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 9″ round cake pans.
- At low speed beat mix, milk, eggs, and oil for 30 seconds or until blended. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Stir in crushed cookies.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake 30 to 33 minutes. Cool on rack for 5 minutes and then remove from pans.
- Line 9″ round cake pan with 2 pieces of foil. Spread ice cream in pan, cover, and freeze until solid – at least 3 hours.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate then remove ice cream from pan and foil and place on top of the cake. Top with remaining cake layer. Place entire cake in freezer for 1 hour.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting over the top and sides of cake. Garnish with crushed oreos and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo ice cream cake, cookies and cream ice cream cake