Skip the drive-thru and make your own spiced cider at home. Just a few ingredients leave your kitchen smelling like fall!
- 4 cups apple cider
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4 strips (3 x 1/2 in each) orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick, cracked
- 1 vanilla bean, split (or 1–2 tsp extract)
- In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, combine the ingredients; bring mixture to a boil. Remove the saucepan from heat and let stand 30 minutes to steep. Remove and discard the spices.
- Return the saucepan to low heat and slowly cook until the cider begins to steam. Ladle the cider into mugs, wait 3-5 minutes, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Homemade
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spiced cider, homemade spiced cider