Skip store-bought jam and make your own! This simple strawberry jam recipe keeps for months in the freezer and adds a hint of sweetness to your english muffins, toast, and sandwiches. Plus, it’s super easy to make. In fact, you’ll kick yourself for not trying it sooner!
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 pouch Certo (pectin)
- Wash 4 or 5 jars with tight fitting lids in hot water.
- Hull and slice 2 pints strawberries. Crush fruit with a potato masher.
- Measure exact amount prepared fruit into a large bowl, measure sugar into separate bowl. Stir sugar into prepared fruit. Mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Stir pectin into lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Stir pectin mixture into prepared fruit. Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top for expansion during freezing. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, otherwise store in freezer for up to 1 year.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade jam, strawberry jam