- 6 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- In an electric mixer, cream together the sour cream, butter, sugar, and salt.
- With mixer on high speed, add the vanilla and the egg. Combine thoroughly.
- Turn mixer to low speed and gradually add flour and baking soda until just combined.
- Wrap dough in wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Flour surface and roll out dough until about 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes, and place at least 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Immediately place cookies on a cooling rack. Allow them to cool completely before frosting and storing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes