- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup or less brown sugar (or substitute with 1/4 cup raw sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, wheat germ, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, plus chocolate chips and mix. Put into greased 9×13″ pan. Using a greased spatula, spread into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool pan on wire rack and cut into bars.