Add this flavorful Herb and Cheese Savory Monkey Bread to your Holiday menu, or serve it alongside a comforting soup for dipping. Everyone will justify “one more piece” after biting into the gloriously soft center!
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp each dried parsley flakes, thyme, and crushed rosemary
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, oil, and 2 tbsp butter to 120-130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sesame seeds, garlic salt, paprika, and herbs. Punch dough down. Divide into small, 1 inch pieces, and roll each into a ball.
- Drizzle 2 tsp butter into a 10-in. tube pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with a third of the cheese mixture. Top with 16 balls. repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 pieces
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: monkey bread, herb and cheese monkey bread