These easy Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are loaded with texture and pack twice the indulgence. Not only are they incredibly simple to make, they also keep beautifully in the freezer for whenever you need a rich, chocolatey fix!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package (2 cups) Semi-Sweet Morsels
- 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and oats.
- Drop by slightly rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-10 minutes until edges are firm. Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove from sheets; cool on wire racks.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies