A side of green beans and almonds is a delightful addition to chicken or steak, and the garlic-butter sauce drenches these fresh veggies with irresistible flavor. With a handful of almonds sprinkled on top, you have a professional looking dish to serve alongside your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Rinse and snip off ends of beans then cut them in half.
- Toast almonds in a dry frying pan. Stir frequently, they can burn rather quickly. Once toasted transfer almonds to a small dish.
- Saute minced garlic in butter until soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook green beans in boiling water till fork tender. Drain and add butter & garlic mixture to hot green beans. Toss, adding almonds on top before serving.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green beans, garlic butter green beans