Before you think bucket lists are full of must-do’s before you die, (although I guess that’s kind of what they are! 🤷♀️) I view them through a slightly different lens.
Bucket lists inspire you to live intentionally and meaningfully now so you can get excited about your life again.
In my own life, a bucket list has been an essential tool to improve my mental health. Thinking of and adding to my list provides a much-needed escape from the daily grind. Just dreaming about all the things I want to do gives me something to look forward to!
On the flip side, crossing things off this list boosts my self-confidence and reminds me that life is beautiful and full of infinite possibilities.
If you’ve thought about making a bucket list, but need some help getting started, here are 101 unique bucket list ideas that will inspire you to dream again.
Travel Bucket List ideas
- Visit all 63 U.S. National Parks
- Visit 100 countries (like Kara & Nate!)
- See Utah’s “Mighty Five” National Parks
- See the northern lights
- Go on an African safari
- Ride in a Gondola in Venice
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- See grizzly bears catch salmon at Katmai National Park
- Hold a koala bear in Australia
- Go whale watching
- Go on an airboat tour in the Everglades
- Take a selfie with a quokka in Australia
- Ride a camel in the desert
- Float in the Dead Sea
- Fly first class
- Go leaf peeping in New England
- Attend Mardi Gras
- Stay in a 5-star resort
- Attend the Olympics
- Go to a Luau
- Visit all 50 U.S. states
- Go on a Caribbean Cruise
- Go on an Alaskan Cruise
- Go on a Mediterranean Cruise
- Visit a ghost town (Bannack State Park is a favorite)
- Drive Route 66
- Drive the Oregon Trail
- Be in four states at once (Four Corners)
- Ride a helicopter into the Grand Canyon
- Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
Bucket list ideas for couples
- Stay a night in an ice hotel
- Kiss under the Eiffel Tower
- See a show on Broadway
- Dress up for the Kentucky Derby
- Learn how to fence
- Watch baby seas turtles swim into the ocean
- Go stand-up paddle boarding
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Go horseback riding
- Sleep in a historic castle
- Soak in a hot spring
- Watch a movie in a drive-in theater
- Attend a film premiere
- Make an actual gingerbread house
- Take a cooking class
- Kiss in NYC on New Year’s Eve
- Try axe throwing
Adventure Bucket List Ideas
- Ice climb a glacier
- Hike a volcano
- Go cliff jumping (my video here!)
- Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
- Mush a sled dog team
- Run a 5K
- Run a 10K
- Run a half marathon
- Run a marathon
- Hike a 14er
- Learn how to surf
- Chase a tornado
- Go bungee jumping
- Complete a thru-hike
- Do a polar plunge
- Go white water rafting
- Climb Half Dome in Yosemite (or you could try this epic hike instead!)
- Swim in the four major oceans
- Bike the Tuscany Trail
- Hike the Presidential Traverse Trail
- Go skydiving
- Ride a zip-line
- Learn how to ski or snowboard
- Swim with dolphins
- Rope swing into water
- Hike the Grand Canyon in one day
- Go snowshoeing
- Learn how to rock climb
- Go sand boarding
printable PDF planning insert
Create Your Bucket List
Ever feel like your dreams are on the back burner? Hang this printable on your fridge (or pop into your planner) so you have easy access to all the things you hope to do.
Creative Bucket List Ideas
- Learn a new language
- Write a book
- Make your own soap
- Learn how to play an instrument (did you know I play piano?!)
- Make a font out of your handwriting
- Learn how to crochet or knit
- Create your own flower arrangement
- Make your own candles
- Read a classic novel
- Get a tattoo
- Write your own song
- Sew something you can wear
- Play an extra in a movie
- Start a blog
- Book a professional photo shoot
- Cook every dish in one cookbook
Acts of Kindness Bucket List Ideas
- Pay for someone’s food order
- Buy groceries for a homeless person
- Give up your seat to someone
- Donate to help an endangered animal
- Do a charity walk
- Give blood
- Send a care package to a soldier
- Foster a shelter animal
- Participate in Operation Christmas Child
How to Make Your Bucket List a Reality
Sometimes, the perfect opportunity to complete a bucket list item will fall in your lap. Like when we were camping near Crater lake and I decided to go cliff jumping!
But more often than not, you have to plan to accomplish what you want.
After being frustrated with traditional goal setting systems (and not reaching my goals!) I created the Six-Week Sprint framework. You can apply this system to any bucket list item that feels a little too big to accomplish alone.
Goal Setting that Makes Sense
Create the life you’ve always wanted in just six short weeks. This game-changing goal setting Notion template is the plug-and-play framework you can use to achieve any goal or habit! You don’t have to wait until January 1st to start.
I receive emails almost every week from readers who have applied this framework successfully and are are opening Etsy shops, decluttering their closets, and more!
Your bucket list is here to motivate you and keep you moving forward.
There is power in writing down what you want out of life. I can’t wait to see you make those dreams a reality.
Have you completed any of these bucket list ideas?
Tell me which ones you’ve accomplished… or what you’re excited to accomplish most!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.