Put your slow-cooker to work with these oh-so-yummy pulled pork sandwiches. They’re soft and tender, have a hint of spicy sweetness, and use one secret ingredient that makes this meaty recipe a dinner-time favorite!
- 2 1/2 lb boneless pork butt
- 1 tbps dry Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cola
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 sandwich buns
- Do not remove pork from netting.
- Spray 3 1/3 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Rub jerk seasoning over pork then place into the cooker.
- Sprinkle with thyme and onion.
- Pour cola over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from cooker and place on cutting board.
- Remove juices from cooker and reserve.
- Remove netting from pork. Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds.
- Return pork to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and 1/2 cup of reserved juices.
- Increase setting to high. Cover and cook 30-45 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon pork onto sandwich buns.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bbq sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches