Calling this recipe The Best Potato Soup Recipe EVER might sound like Buzzfeed-style click-bait, but there’s a deliciously good reason. It’s that good.
- 5 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed (4 1/2 lb)
- 1/8 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until potatos are tender. Drain.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add cream of chicken soup, beating well. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth.
- Add milk mixture to vegetable mixture. Stir in 2 cups water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mash with potato masher to desired consistancy.
- Top each serving with bacon and cheddar cheese to taste.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato soup, bacon tomato soup