- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1–1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- optional: 1/3-1/2 cup craisins
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar (or apple cider vinegar). Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the bacon and craisins.