This is the only recipe for broccoli salad you will ever ask for—there’s no need for any other variation when you can serve this winning side dish at your next get-together!
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1–1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- optional: 1/3-1/2 cup craisins
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cheese, and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar (or apple cider vinegar). Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the bacon and craisins.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli salad, broccoli cheddar salad