This easy buttercream frosting recipe works beautifully on cakes and cupcakes, and tastes good too! You can easily switch up the consistency for more intricate decorations like flowers and borders, but my favorite part is the unique “crust” it forms to keep all your creations in tact!
- 1 cup solid white vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lb confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp meringue powder
- Cream shortening, vanilla and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until thoroughly mixed together.
- Blend until creamy (usually 1 to 2 minutes).
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buttercream frosting, homemade frosting