These Homemade English Muffins are super easy to make, and cost pennies compared to packages in the store. The ultra low price beats even store brands! Whip up a batch or two to freeze, and enjoy yummy English Muffins all month long!
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rapid-rise yeast
- Put ingredients in bread machine starting with wet ingredients, then dry. Yeast should always be last. Start the dough cycle.
- When cycle is finished, sprinkle a liberal amount of corn meal over the counter, place dough on top and sprinkle with corn meal. Use your hands to pat the dough into a 1 inch thick rectangle and use a circle-shaped cookie cutter to cut muffins.
- Place the rounds on a baking sheet, cover and let rise for 20- 30 minutes.
- Heat a dry cast iron skillet or griddle over medium heat and cook the muffins 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Split the muffins with a fork or serrated knife and serve warm with butter and jam. Freeze for later.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: english muffins, homemade english muffins