- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 strawberries
- Wash strawberries thoroughly and pat dry. Make sure there is no condensation or any wet spots on the berry prior to dipping, otherwise, the chocolate will get a little wonky and “seize up”.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a double boiler over low heat until thoroughly melted. Hold strawberries by leaves and dip into chocolate. Lightly shake and lay on wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Melt white chocolate chips in double boiler over low heat until melted, then drizzle over chocolate-covered strawberries with a fork or small spatula.
- Refrigerate until hardened.