- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat an 8″ tart pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Place oats, seeds, and coconut in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Place butter, salt, and 2tbsp maple syrup in a small bowl and microwave in 15-sec increments until butter melts. Add to oat mixture and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Press oat and butter mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake until golden brown and dry (about 12-15 min.). Let cool on a wire rack.
- Spread yogurt on top of the crust. Place strawberries on top. Serve immediately.
Hint: Instead of a full-sized tart pan, you can also use small ramekins to create individual serving sizes. (one recipe = four ramekins)
Freezer Cooking Tip: The crust freezes really well too, so double up and bake some extras to put in freezer tight bags. Pull out to thaw before bed and you can top it with yogurt and strawberries in the morning for a quick, but healthy breakfast!