Need a go-to healthy lunch? This cheesy tomato basil sandwich comes together in minutes and is a lighter alternative to a heavy meal. Grilled to perfection, you will love every gooey, flaky, and savory bite!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp basil paste
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the outside of 2 slices of bread with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Basil Paste over the inside of one slice of bread. Cover the paste with thin slices of a Roma tomato.
- Carefully place 1/2 cup fresh shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato slices, before topping everything with the other piece of bread.
- Toast in a frying pan over medium heat occasionally pressing down on the Panini with a spatula. When both sides are golden brown, remove, slice, and serve.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Keywords: cheesy tomato basil sandwich, tomato basil panini