This sweet and salty chex mix recipe is the perfect combination of yumminess and snackable bite-sized pieces. Everyone will adore the chocolately version of this classic snack!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Microwave brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in large microwavable bowl uncovered on High 1-2 min, stirring after 1 min until butter is melted. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Stir in cereals. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes; break into bite-size pieces.
- Microwave chocolate chips separately in two small microwavable bowls on High in 30 second intervals or until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over snack.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in clear zip-top bags.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chex mix, chocolate caramel chex mix