This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Whenever someone asks me to bring my favorite party snack to a social event, my immediate go-to is this crunchy chex mix.
It doesn't have to be kept cool (like fruit) or stay warm (like a cheesy dip), so you can totally make this a day ahead of time to save yourself some stress.
Bonus: This recipe is super easy to whip up!
Although, truth be told, the hardest part of the entire process is letting everything cool and harden up in the fridge. I'm known to snitch a few bits before I pop them in there. 😉
Just about everyone will enjoy digging into these crunchy little bits of sweet-and-salty goodness. In fact, by the time you're ready to go home, I bet the bowl will be EMPTY with minuscule crumbs lining the bottom.
Another perk? Next time another party rolls around, you won't even have to come up with a snack to bring because they'll ask you to make this one again and again!
Other Party Ready Snacks:
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Hot & Cheesy Artichoke Dip
- Chocolate Cranberry Trail Mix
- Mini Ham & Bacon Cheddar Cups
The Process to Sweet Chex Mix Heaven
Step 1: Microwave brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup on high for 1-2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute until butter is completely melted. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
Step 2: Stir both Chex cereals into the sugar/butter mixture, and microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring once every minute.
Step 3: Spread out mix onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and let cool 10 minutes. Then break into bite-sized pieces.
Step 4: Microwave each set of chocolate chips in a small bowl on High in 30-second intervals until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Drizzle chocolate over snack. I would do 15-second intervals with the white chocolate—it tends to be more finicky.
Step 5: Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in an airtight container (if you even have leftovers!).
If you're making this for your family instead of a crowd, separate the chex mix into reusable serving-size portion bags. These are great to stock the pantry with and throw into a work or school lunch!Print
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Microwave brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in large microwavable bowl uncovered on High 1-2 min, stirring after 1 min until butter is melted. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
- Stir in cereals. Microwave on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes; break into bite-size pieces.
- Microwave chocolate chips separately in two small microwavable bowls on High in 30 second intervals or until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over snack.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in clear zip-top bags.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.