I’m Kalyn—an avid list-maker, productivity nerd, and depression survivor—who runs this corner of the web. My mission here (and in life!) is to help women support their mental health through life-giving structure, organization and routines.
Tell me if this sounds familiar:
- You use up all your energy fighting depression, anxiety, and/or a chronic illness that you have nothing left over for anything else.
- You hesitate to commit to plans because you never know when you might not be feeling so great.
- You feel lazy if you rest and haven’t “earned” it.
- You need time to yourself to refuel, or you have nothing left to give.
- You feel like you’re just going through the motions instead of LIVING life.
Take a deep breath. Life is about to get easier.
Why this is the perfect place for you
I know what it’s like to be trapped inside a life that runs you instead of the other way around.
I battle depression and anxiety on almost a daily basis, which means I wake up never knowing which days will be good or bad. And while I extend myself a lot of grace, I also refuse to let my struggles to control me.
You know what brings me back to life, every time?
My habits. My routines. My organizational systems. My goals.
In other words, STRUCTURE.
They’re literally essential for my well-being… and yours.
what KalynBrooke.com is all about
I want to bring mental wellness into the conversation as the foundational WHY behind it all. Here you’ll find valuable resources (posts, books, downloads, and “crash classes”) that add stability, sanity, and purpose to your life with just the right amount of flexibility for the days you need grace.
More specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Build planning and organizational systems that you can fall back on when your days fall apart.
- Clear the clutter in your mind, home, and schedule to give yourself a bit more breathing room.
- Adopt transformative habits and routines so you have something to cling to when your mind has no idea what to do next.
- Set and achieve meaningful goals to keep you moving forward with purpose.
- Rely on consistency instead of motivation to help you stay focused along the way.
Not so you can do more things (or do it all perfectly!), but so you can make sustainable, ongoing progress that helps you become better than you were yesterday.
In the end, all we really want is to create a life that is both manageable and meaningful.
I’ll show you how to do both.
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love for you to get to know me better.
I’m an introverted homebody with a serious case of wanderlust, so I satisfy both traits by traveling full-time in a remodeled RV with my husband, Joseph, and our two bunnies.
Since I love lists, here’s 10 things you should probably know!
- I genuinely adore Mondays.
- I’m almost always in the middle of three books at once (one fiction, one memoir, and one non-fiction). You can follow my latest reads on my Bookstagram, @TheUnclutteredBookshelf.
- I eat a mostly plant-based diet and feel better than I have in YEARS.
- I started this blog back in 2012—back then it was all about saving money. You might spot a few of those earlier posts still lingering around here!
- The great outdoors fills my soul in so many ways—I hike (and run) between 4-15 miles every week.
- Taking care of houseplants is on my “Don’t Do” list. Even if you tell me [insert your favorite plant here] is super easy to keep alive. I promise it will die within a week.
- I always keep a supply of 72% Ghiradelli Intense Dark Chocolate Squares on hand. YUM!
- I will be the person who gives you the side-eye if you take more items than are allowed in the “10 items or less” checkout lane.
- I used to bake and decorate wedding cakes as a side hustle.
- Crocheting and cross-stitching do wonders to relieve my anxiety. I’m basically 65 years old at heart.
Where to next?
The absolute best way to keep up with new posts, receive special perks, and get a peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do below.
Every Saturday morning, I’ll give you a motivational pep talk sprinkled with a whole lot of grace. Many readers say this newsletter is the highlight of their inbox!
Oh! And if you’re on Instagram, that is my absolute favorite place to connect. Truthfully it’s the only social media platform I enjoy. 😂 You’ll find me on Stories almost every day as well as in the main feed a few times per week.
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected] My inbox is always open and I’d love to hear from you!
If you’ve been waiting for someone who gets how hard it can be to take a shower some days, who knows you’re not lazy, and understands the need to balance doing hard things with rest, then I hope you’ll stick around.
I’m here to guide you in the right direction… and to help you feel a little less alone.