Hi there! I’m Kalyn—a blogger, entrepreneur, and Type-A list lover—who runs this corner of the web. My mission is to simplify and organize your life so you have more time, money, and energy to pour into the things you actually want to do.
Tell me—does any of this sound familiar?
- You're overcommitted, but have a hard time saying no.
- You hide behind the “perfect image” because you are afraid of what people will find behind it.
- You need time to yourself to refuel, or you have nothing left to give
- You're overwhelmed with everything you have to do in life, because your perfectionistic tendencies demand all or nothing.
- You feel like you're just going through the motions instead of LIVING life.
In other words, you're so maxed out, there's very little leftover for yourself, or for the people that are most important to you.
But you also…
- Crave habits, systems, and routines
- Want to manage your time and money well
- Have BIG goals you desperately want to reach
- Desire to improve your life and be a better person
- Need to know you are not alone
My friend, you are home.
Why this is the perfect place for you
I know what it's like to get caught up in the overwhelm of everyday life.
As a recovering perfectionist and overachiever, the pressure to perform affects all of my responsibilities. I run a full-time business, manage a home, volunteer at various non-profits, and have BIG goals I'm constantly working towards. Time is a commodity I can't afford to waste.
On the other hand, I also struggle with frequent burnout and severe depression. So while I crave a well-managed home and life, I don't always have the energy to make that happen.
Over time, I realized…
- If I could make every aspect of my life simpler and more efficient, I could stay in control and stop the important things from falling through the cracks.
- If I had better routines, habits, and systems in place when the crazy happened, I could rely on a solid foundation to get me through the overwhelm.
- If I could be okay with “good enough”, I wouldn't set such high expectations for myself, then feel like a failure when I didn't meet them.
Which is what KalynBrooke.com is all about.
Together, we’ll discover small, but impactful ways to make every day just a little bit easier, so you can focus on your top priorities without the pressure of doing it all.
In other words, you'll finally achieve balance.
Each week, I share proven methods to help you win in every area of your life:
With Your Money — I talk a LOT about money, and for good reason. Smart money management is the first step to creating a balanced life. I show you how to save more, spend intentionally, and create a better system to track your finances, all without losing your focus, or your sanity.
With Your Home — I'm a big believer in modern homemaking, and share all my secrets to help you clean easier, meal plan without the stress, organize with confidence, and keep your home running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, while still looking stylish.
With Your Lifestyle — Whether it's eating well, traveling, reading, or simply doing what makes you happy, this section rounds out the rest of your life and reminds you to not only leave room for fun, but also to treat yourself right.
My goal is never to add more to your plate. Instead, I'll help you manage everything you HAVE to do, so you have energy for the things you WANT to do. I believe you're here to do great things and don't need obstacles getting in the way of your dreams.
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love for you to get to know me better.
I’m a full-time writer and blogger who left Upstate New York to put down roots in sunny Southwest Florida. I also share life with two of my favorites — my husband, Joseph, and one terribly destructive, but charmingly adorable bunny named Cody. You think I’m joking, but I’m pretty sure I’m on my 4th iPhone charger right now!
Update: Apparently we couldn't get enough of one rabbit, so we added another to our family.
In addition to book hoarding and being a bit of an ice cream snob, I also love about 100 other things including, but not limited to:
- Traveling and exploring new places
- Starting new hobbies
- Working with a local rabbit rescue
- Shopping at Target
- Bullet journaling
- and of course, bunny snuggles
I’m also quite the introvert, so blogging behind a computer screen is my version of the perfect job.
Where to next?
This page includes my most popular posts and is a great place to start if you're new to this site. It doesn’t matter whether you’re shopping, organizing, meal planning, or decorating your home, you’ll find plenty of ideas to accomplish every task in simpler, more efficient ways.
But the absolute best way to keep up with new posts, receive special perks, and get a peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do so below.
I send out a personal letter every Saturday morning packed with inspiration and encouragement to help you live your best life and find balance in the days ahead. Plus, you get my FREE Weekly Meal Planning Sheet when you sign up!
Don’t forget to connect with me here too:
- LIKE the KB Facebook page to join our daily discussions and find extra resources to help you simplify everyday life.
- FOLLOW on Pinterest for cute ideas that are just as functional as they are pretty. I also share a lot of yummy and simple recipes!
- FOLLOW on Twitter to introduce yourself, send me a quick message, or pop in for a quick 140-character update.
- FOLLOW on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at what I'm up to. I share books I'm reading, bullet journal pages, quick tips, and occasionally an adorable bunny….or two!
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected]. My inbox is always open and I’d love to hear from you!