I’m Kalyn—an avid reader, personal development nerd, and recovering perfectionist—who runs this corner of the web. My mission here (and in life!) is to help women prioritize what matters to them over the pressure to do it all.
Tell me if this sounds familiar:
- You're overcommitted, but have a hard time saying no.
- You feel busy ALL the time but never seem to make any progress on your most important tasks.
- You're overwhelmed with everything you have to do in life, because your mind constantly races and never. shuts. off.
- You need time to yourself to refuel, or you have nothing left to give.
- You feel like you're just going through the motions instead of LIVING life.
In other words, you're so mentally and physically maxed out, that there's very little leftover for yourself, or for the people that are most important to you.
But you also…
- Crave habits, systems, and routines
- Want to manage your time and money well
- Have BIG goals you desperately want to reach
- Desire to invest in yourself, develop self-confidence, and become the best version of who you are
- Need to know you are not alone
My friend, you are home.
Why this is the perfect place for you
I know what it's like to be trapped inside a life that runs you instead of the other way around.
Like you, I wake up with BIG dreams and goals, but it doesn't matter how much I achieve, I never quite feel good enough, look pretty enough, or accomplish enough to satisfy my insanely high expectations (which are only amplified by my battle against depression).
But there is hope!
Because over time, I realized…
- If I could make every aspect of my life simpler and more efficient, I could stop worrying about ALL the things and just do the most important things.
- If I had better routines, habits, and systems in place, I could rely on a solid foundation to overcome the overwhelm.
- If I could let my best be enough, I wouldn't set unrealistic expectations for myself, then feel like a complete failure when I didn't meet them.
Which is what KalynBrooke.com is all about.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re shopping, organizing, meal planning, or decorating your home, you'll find plenty of practical ideas to make every day both manageable and meaningful.
My goal is never to add more to your plate. Instead, I'll help you manage everything you HAVE to do so you have energy for the things you WANT to do. I believe you're here to do great things and don't need obstacles getting in the way of your dreams.
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love for you to get to know me better.
I’m a full-time blogger who recently sold my 1,700 square foot home in exchange for a more minimalist lifestyle—living in an RV year-round!
I also share life with four of my favorites — my husband, Joseph, and two terribly destructive, but charmingly adorable bunnies named Cody and Cinder.
In addition to book hoarding and being a bit of an ice cream snob, I also love about 100 other things including, but not limited to:
- Traveling and exploring new places
- Shopping at Target
- Bullet journaling
- Watching Heartland, Poldark, and Hallmark Christmas Movies
- Playing musical and movie soundtracks on the piano
- Writing (obviously!)
I’m also quite the introvert, so blogging behind a computer screen is my version of the perfect job.
Where to next?
If you're new to this site, this page will give you a virtual tour so you can navigate your way around.
You can also find the most recent blog posts I've written HERE. But the absolute best way to keep up with new posts, receive special perks, and get a peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do so below.
I send out a personal letter every Saturday morning packed with life lessons and action-oriented advice to help you live simply and intentionally in the days ahead. Many readers say this newsletter is the highlight of their inbox!
Don’t forget to connect with me here too:
- LIKE the KB Facebook page for extra resources to help you simplify and organize everyday life, live intentionally, and make more time for the things you love.
- FOLLOW on Pinterest for cute ideas that are just as functional as they are pretty. I also share a lot of yummy and simple recipes!
- FOLLOW on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at what I'm up to. I share books I'm reading, bullet journal pages, a strong dose of encouragement, and occasionally an adorable bunny….or two!
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected]. My inbox is always open and I’d love to hear from you!