I’m Kalyn—an avid reader, personal development nerd, and recovering perfectionist—who runs this corner of the web. My mission here (and in life!) is to help fellow perfectionists find balance through simple, organized, and intentional living.
Think you might be one of us?
Tell me if this sounds familiar:
- You're overcommitted, but have a hard time saying no.
- You hide behind the “perfect image” because you are afraid of what people will find behind it.
- You need time to yourself to refuel, or you have nothing left to give
- You're overwhelmed with everything you have to do in life, because your perfectionistic tendencies demand all or nothing.
- You feel like you're just going through the motions instead of LIVING life.
In other words, you're so mentally and physically maxed out, that there's very little leftover for yourself, or for the people that are most important to you.
But you also…
- Crave habits, systems, and routines
- Want to manage your time and money well
- Have BIG goals you desperately want to reach
- Desire to invest in yourself and be a better person
- Need to know you are not alone
My friend, you are home.
Why this is the perfect place for you
I know what it's like to be an overachieving perfectionist who is drowning in a sea of overwhelm.
Like you, I wake up with BIG dreams and goals, but self-sabotage the moment my feet touch the floor. I exist in a constant state of indecision because the thing I fear most is failure. And if I can't do something perfectly, I procrastinate or don't do it at all.
It doesn't matter how much I achieve, I never quite feel good enough, look pretty enough, or accomplish enough to satisfy my insanely high expectations (which are only amplified by my battle against depression).
But there is hope!
Because over time, I realized…
- If I could make every aspect of my life simpler and more efficient, I could stop worrying about all the things and just do the most important things.
- If I had better routines, habits, and systems in place, I could rely on a solid foundation to overcome the overwhelm.
- If I could let my best be enough, I wouldn't set unrealistic expectations for myself, then feel like a complete failure when I didn't meet them.
Which is what KalynBrooke.com is all about.
Together, we'll discover small, but impactful ways to make every day just a little bit easier (in a variety of areas!), so you can focus on your top priorities without the pressure of doing it all.
Because as perfectionists, we don't just need to learn how to manage ourselves, we need to learn how navigate REAL life, amiright?
That's why I take a well-rounded, practical, and lifestyle-type approach in everything I share so you can finally achieve the balance you crave.
Each week, I'll help you win in every area of your life:
With Your Money — I talk a LOT about money because smart money management is the first step to creating a balanced life. I show you how to save more, spend intentionally, and create a better system to track your finances, all without losing your focus, or your sanity.
With Your Home — I'm a big believer in modern homemaking, and share all my secrets to help you clean easier, meal plan without the stress, organize with confidence, and keep your home running as smoothly and efficiently as possible, while still looking pretty.
With Your Lifestyle — Whether it's eating well, traveling, reading, or simply doing what makes you happy, this section rounds out the rest of your life and reminds you to not only leave room for fun, but also to treat yourself right.
My goal is never to add more to your plate. Instead, I'll help you manage everything you HAVE to do, so you have energy for the things you WANT to do. I believe you're here to do great things and don't need obstacles getting in the way of your dreams.
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love for you to get to know me better.
I’m a full-time blogger who left Upstate New York to put down roots in sunny Southwest Florida (soon to be full-time RVer!). I also share life with two of my favorites — my husband, Joseph, and one terribly destructive, but charmingly adorable bunny named Cody. You think I’m joking, but I’m pretty sure I’m on my 4th iPhone charger right now!
Update: Apparently we couldn't get enough of one rabbit, so we added another to our family.
In addition to book hoarding and being a bit of an ice cream snob, I also love about 100 other things including, but not limited to:
I’m also quite the introvert, so blogging behind a computer screen is my version of the perfect job.
Where to next?
If you're new to this site, this page will give you a virtual tour so you can navigate your way around.
You can also find the most recent blog posts I've written HERE. It doesn’t matter whether you’re shopping, organizing, meal planning, or decorating your home, you'll find plenty of ideas to accomplish everyday tasks in simpler, more efficient ways—specifically geared toward perfectionists!
But the absolute best way to keep up with new posts, receive special perks, and get a peek into what goes on behind-the-scenes is to hop on my mailing list, which you can do so below.
I send out a personal letter every Saturday morning packed with inspiration and encouragement to help you thrive as a perfectionist in the days ahead. Plus, you get my FREE Weekly Meal Planning Sheet when you sign up!
Don’t forget to connect with me here too:
- LIKE the KB Facebook page for extra resources to help you simplify and organize everyday life, live intentionally, and make more time for the things you love.
- FOLLOW on Pinterest for cute ideas that are just as functional as they are pretty. I also share a lot of yummy and simple recipes!
- FOLLOW on Twitter to introduce yourself, send me a quick message, or pop in for a quick 140-character update.
- FOLLOW on Instagram for a behind-the-scenes look at what I'm up to. I share books I'm reading, bullet journal pages, quick tips, and occasionally an adorable bunny….or two!
Or, if you’d rather contact me directly, you can send an email to [email protected]. My inbox is always open and I’d love to hear from you!