9 Back-to-School Supplies Grown-Ups Will Love
When I was in high school, the minute the academic schedule came out, I cracked open my new planner to jot down all the important dates. I also color-coordinated my notebooks and folders for each class, switching out highlighters and pen colors depending on the subject.
I’ve always been a bit of a nerd when it comes to school…and school supplies.
I won’t tell you how many years I’ve been out of school now (more than I care to admit!), but I still indulge in the best office supplies during the back-to-school season.
Because you can’t crush that lady-boss life without extra sticky notes and your favorite pens! 😉
So whether you’re working from home, need an extra pick-me-up at your office cubicle, or just want to gift yourself a brand new notebook, I’m here to say,
Go for it.
Here’s a list of my favorite and best office supplies…for adults!
1. Backpack purse – These are ALL the rage right now and they are super chic! This one on Amazon comes in multiple colors and is cheap enough to buy two or three.
2. Zebra Mildliners – I can’t stop singing the praises of these no-smear highlighters. They come in multiple beautiful colors (not too dark or light) and each highlighter is double-tipped. Now you can color code to your heart’s desire!
3. Cute Clipboard – I don’t know why, but I feel much more professional with clipboard in hand, especially if it’s pretty! Working from the couch has never been easier. 😉
4. Lunch Tote – Carry your lunch to work in style with this easy-to-clean striped tote. I take my tote with me everywhere—and even fill it with snacks for days when I’m running errands! (I tend to get hangry.)
5. Full Stick Post-It Notes – I am OBSESSED with post-it notes in all colors, shapes, and sizes! But these full stick ones are about to change your life. They feature a sticky backing on the entire thing, not just the top! Which means they are less likely to float away.
6. Papermate InkJoy Gel Pens – Everyone has a favorite pen, and these are mine. I love them even more than Pilot G-2’s, which is saying a lot. They glide so smoothly on paper and are so easy to grip, you’ll never want to use anything else! I prefer the medium point (.7mm).
7. Scribbles That Matter Journal – I wrote an entire post about my love for this notebook, especially for bullet journaling! The pages are thick and luxurious. You will love writing on them. My runner up is the Leuchtturm 1917 dotted journal.
8. Paper Clips – Skip the ugly metal clips you see everywhere and grab some CUTE ones! Like these adorable Heart Envelopes that will make you want to paperclip all the things.
9. Sticky Tabs – I always have a couple packs of sticky tabs on hand. I use them in my bullet journal so I can quickly flip to a popular page as well as three-ring binders to separate different sections. They are easy to write on (and discard if you make a mistake!).
The next time you walk down that Target aisle (you know the one!), don’t forget to pick up a little something for yourself–or fill your Amazon cart with one of the products on this list of best office supplies.
We all need an excuse every now and then to spruce up our workspaces, wherever they might be!
What are your favorite office supplies?
Tell me in the comments what you like to pick up for yourself this time of year!
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.
When my kiddo grew ‘too old’ to anticipate school supplies I was so sad. He was my excuse to buy all the fun stuff. But finally paper love for grown ups came along & I don’t have to wait for school supplies to find beautiful things. I do browse through the back to school ads though!
Aww that’s a sad day!
I have also been a school supply “junkie” all my life. ☺️ I’m a sucker for great pens. Right now my favorite are the pilot frixion ones that are erasable. LOVE those sticky notes on your list!
I love those pens too, they are amazing!
Oohhh so pretty!
Oh that clipboard! And did you see the choice of the white floral?! It’s in my cart!
I am a teacher and my favorite pen obsession this past year have been the Tul pens. I like how they flow, I prefer the medium and I love all the colors. The only place I have found them is Office Depot.
I’ll have to check those out!
Tul pens are the best. Amazon carries them, and I just bought a set with all the colors. I’m in pen heaven. I’m going to have to buy those full stick post-its. I love post-it’s, but they always fall off and get lost.
You’re the second person to suggest those to me, so I’ll definitely have to try them!
Kalyn, do you still recommend the Scribbles journals? I noticed they were lined out. BTW just found you and 🤟🏾. Just saying🙂
Yes, I do! I’m not sure why it had those links crossed out, it should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!