This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Have you ever made Peanut Butter Blossoms for a Christmas cookie exchange?
I love making them too, but sometimes I prefer a bit of a twist on the original favorite. Enter these Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies—they still satisfy those peanut-butter-and-chocolate cravings while making a stunning presentation on any holiday cookie buffet.
The best part: these peanut butter cookie cups look complicated and time-consuming (like you spent hours making them!) but they’re actually pretty easy.
Plus, since there’s no way the peanut butter cup will fall off (unlike the Hershey kiss on the Peanut Butter Blossom!), you get the ideal ratio of chocolate, peanut butter, and cookie in every bite.
Well, unless you polish it off in just one. 🙂
How to Make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients—flour, sugar, powdered sugar, and salt.
Step 2: Beat in the peanut butter, butter, and egg. If the dough seems a little too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
Step 3: Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place into greased or lined mini muffin tins, then press one mini Reese’s peanut butter cup into each ball.
Step 4: Bake 13-18 minutes or until dough is set and golden brown around the edges. Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan, then allow to cool completely before adding the glaze.
Step 5: Melt chocolate chips and shortening in a microwaveable bowl or double boiler, then drizzle over cooled cookies with a spoon or small flat-sided spatula.Print
These Reese’s peanut butter cup cookies look like you spent hours making them, but come together SO quickly! The chocolate glaze adds a pretty and professional touch!
For the Cookies:
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1–2 tbsp milk, if needed
- 48 mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, unwrapped
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients together, then add peanut butter, butter, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until dough forms; if needed, add 1-2 tbsp milk.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls; place in muffin cups. Press 1 peanut butter cup into each ball.
- Bake 13-18 minutes or until dough is set and golden brown around the edges of candy. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave glaze ingredients on High 45-60 seconds, stirring once halfway through, until melted. If necessary, continue to microwave on High in 15-second increments, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze evenly over cooled cookies.
Place your bag of mini Reeses cups in the freezer for 5-10 minutes so they are easier to unwrap when you get to that part!
These cookie cups freeze really well, so make a few batches, and freeze in storage containers until you need them for your next Holiday party. Or save for a special pick-me-up in the gloomy days of winter!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter cup cookies, Reese’s cookies
What is your favorite Holiday cookie to make?
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.